Rewind is where I go over what I read last month and how I am doing towards my 100 books read in a year challenge. So, lets get into it:
- Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham of Gilmore Girls Fame. 4/5.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know by Adam Bray. 3/5.
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons. 4/5.
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. 3/5.
- Star Wars: Princess Leia by Mark Waid. 3/5.
- Star Wars: Smuggler’s Run by Greg Rucka. 3/5.
- All Joy and No Fun by Jennifer Senior. 3/5.
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. 4/5.
- Star Wars: Darth Vader by Kieron Gillen. 4/5.
Three standouts out of 9 books. I think I liked Graham’s book more because I was excited to read what Rory Gillmore’s mom wrote. Plus, it was read by herself, which is always the best in an audio book. Cold Comfort surprised me. I was expecting a more stuffy book than I got and I enjoyed how nosey the main character was. The remains of the day was different, it was stuffy, but it really worked with the story in this case. The Darth Vader graphic novel was very good. I may have short changed it slightly as goodreads only allows whole number scores, this is much closer to 5 than four, but its not perfect. If you read one of the books above make it Darth Vader. I can’t believe I don’t have a post on that. I will have to so something about it.
As far as the 100 book challenge goes, I’m a head of schedule. I read more than 8 books in January and I read 9 in February, so, I’m good. So far in March, I’ve read a bunch of graphic novels. I’m in good shape.